[thelist] Really Annoying IIS ASP Caching Problem

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Tue Sep 30 11:22:27 CDT 2003

Hi List,

I have an ASP page that basically acts as a toggle page. I.e. Click the
account to enable the disabled account. Or Click the disabled account to
make the account active. The page calls itself with each click. I've tried
this:

Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"
Response.AddHeader "Pragma", "no-cache"
Response.Expires = -10000
Response.ExpiresAbsolute = #1/1/1980#
Response.AddHeader "cache-control", "must-revalidate"
Response.AddHeader "cache-control", "private"
Response.CacheControl = "Erase"

... and ...

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">

Created an application IIS (4), set it to run in a separate memory space.
Configured the Process Options to "Do Not Cache ASP files".

Deleted my local cache on my browser IE 6. Set my browser to get a new page
with every visit to the page.

Still the page shows old information after 1 click. Even after all that!!!
What else can I try?

TIA,
Rob Smith