[thelist] Mac IE5 CSS weirdness

Richard Livsey R.Livsey at cache-22.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 04:51:21 CDT 2003

Hi,

We are experiencing some oddities in IE5 on the Mac on a layout we are
developing.

http://development.incutio.com/newlumshomepage/new/

In IE5.2 the layout appears to be fine when the page loads up, but when
you mouse over any of the links in the content, the container of the
link expands and ruins the layout.
Taking the border off the :hover of the link fixes this but it would be
good to know why it is doing it (and if there is a fix).

IE5.2.1 however does not start off OK. When the page is loaded the main
content looks like what happens in 5.2 when the links are hovered (IE
the main content area is expanded by a huge amount and obscures the rest
of the page).
Here is a screeny of that:

http://development.incutio.com/newlumshomepage/new/mac5.2.1.jpg

Both CSS and XHTML validates and has been tested and works ok in every
other browser we have here.

Any help would be great thanks.

--
R.Livsey