[thelist] Mac IE5 CSS weirdness

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 06:13:46 CDT 2003

>I have also been experiencing weirdness with css on IE5 on Mac OSX, (see
>earlier question about css menus).
>
>This may help;
><http://developer.apple.com/internet/css/ie5cssbugs.html>

It's not in there (I wrote it, so I should know).

The short answer is that IE 5.2 Mac is a bug ridden crash prone piece of
junk. I proved this for JavaScript, but apparently it also goes for CSS.

The slightly longer answer is that I think the input field may have
something to do with it: it is too long and stretches up the table cell.
Unfortunately I couldn't find the relevant CSS in the four .css files (why
four? why not just one?)

Sorry, don't know either.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/