[thelist] Site check for http://www.tcf.ca/test

Stephen Caudill SCaudill at municode.com
Thu Oct 2 12:13:18 CDT 2003

Tara Cleveland on Thursday, October 02, 2003 12:42 PM said:

: Hi Everyone,
:
: I'm looking for a quick site check for a client's site:
: http://www.tcf.ca/test
:

- Validate your pages (I only ran three and all failed(update: the home page does validate)).
- Why the heck are you using javascript to switch styles on your nav? that's what the :hover pseudo element is for (even NS4 doesn't suffer much for its lack of support).
- Avoid the gratuitous use of tables.  If you have to support older browsers, at least don't nest your tables.
- On your contact page I would provide the contact info in an <ul> styled to be absent of bullets, padding and margins.

That's just a quick look-see.  You're obviously on the road to writing semantic xhtml, good job!

-Stephen Caudill
http://www.mechavox.com/