[thelist] Log in to Server with Apple Script

Jono Young Jono at brookgroup.com
Fri Oct 3 12:09:07 CDT 2003

I have not seen much posted here about AppleScript, but I figured that there
must be a lot of people browsing this list that have a ton of scripting
experience in all sorts and manners, so why not AppleScript too?  Below is a
run down of what I am trying to accomplish with AppleScript.  If anyone can
help please do.

Proposal:
Write a Applescript that will automatically log me into the server at work,
when my Mac starts up each weekday at 9:00 a.m.

Situation:
I am running Mac OS 9.2.2 on a PowerMac G4(AGP).  I am logging into a
Windows2K IIS server named Abott.

Background Info:
Right now each morning, I have set my computer to start up at 9:00 a.m. by
setting a schedule in the Energy Saver control panel.  After I start up, I
go to the Apple Menu<Chooser<Appleshare, and double click the server "Abott"
to log into it. A dialog box appears with Connect to the file server "Abott"
as:, and a field for Name: and Password:  I enter "Jono" in the name field,
and "AbottuserJ" in the password field, and hit the Connect button.  A
dialog box appears with "Select the items you want to use:" and a list of
volumes on Abott to select/check.  I have the "Save my name only" radio
button checked.  I select the volumes(see below), hit OK, and they appear on
my desktop.  If you currently use a Mac you probably didn¹t need this
description, but there you have it.

Specs:
Windows 2k IIS Server name: Abott

Volumes on Abott:
     Clients
     Individuals
     vpdwork
     wwwroot
     abottgroup

User Name: Jono
Password: AbottuserJ
Harddrive name: Mac HD 11

I would like this script to be a start up application script if at all
possible.  Ideally I would like my Mac to start up, as scheduled, and then
once started up, automatically run this script to log me in to Abott and
mount the desired volumes on Abott.  Also, this script will need to work as
if I have removed any server aliases from my Hard drive in: System
Folder<Servers.

Let me know if you need more information from me.

P.S. I have tried a few scripts that I got from
<http://www.macscripter.net>, and a few other sites with no success.  I
can¹t seem to find an example or tutorial as precise as what I am trying to
accomplish.

Thanks!
Jono