[thelist] scrollable content problems, especially in Netscape

Bird bird at koolfish.com
Sat Oct 4 00:10:31 CDT 2003

Hi Listees,
I have used a script from dynamic drive to make some content scrollable
on a fun homepage but there are a few problems I don't understand how to
fix. I have had this posted on the forum at dynamic drive for about 5
days now but had no replies :( so turning to you all for some help if
you can.

I would be grateful if anyone could help me with any of the following
problems:

testpage can be seen at : http://www.frostyandbird.com/test/index.html
(rest of the site not linked up)

1. In Netscape 6.2 the scroller forces the content right over the page
which produces a horizontal scroll bar when viewed at 800 x 600
resolution even though it is all contained within a table that is set to
780 px.

2. In Netscape 7 and 6 weird things are happening with the bottom of the
page. When I use the up and down buttons it makes the rest of my content
at the bottom of the page move up and down, also watch the scrollbar
move on the browser window. Any reasons why and how can I fix this?

3. This layout problem occurs in all browsers and is not a big issue but
there is lots of space below the last word of my content which I can not
remove.

Thanks anyone who can educate me in why these things are happening.

Lisa