[thelist] install PHP on IIS (which is already running ASP)

Dunstan Orchard dunstan at 1976design.com
Tue Oct 7 06:38:22 CDT 2003

Hi there,

I've been asked to find out how to install PHP on a client's IIS server (which
is already running ASP).

"Find out how to install PHP alongside ASP on one server/web site. And
provide details about what I'd have to do to install PHP (where do I get it
from, for instance)."

This is all I have so far:

The download:
http://www.php.net/downloads.php
PHP 4.3.3 installer [1,045Kb] - 27 August 2003

Manual config instructions:
http://www.phpbuddy.com/sub_articles.php?other_articles=4

Is it really just a case of downloading the .exe installer, running it and
following the on-screen instructions?

If so, can anyone think of anything else I need to tell/warn them about?

Thanks very much,

- Dunstan