[thelist] Linux for development?

Raditha Dissanayake jabber at raditha.com
Wed Oct 8 09:41:14 CDT 2003

If this is any indication -  about 12% of my web sites visitors are
using linux (as can be seen from the log file).  I use the red hat
distribution of linux almost exclusively day in day out. Only draw back
is that you don't get as many games as you get on windows :-((

Tim Burgan wrote:

>I'm wondering many web developers use RedHat or another Linux
>distribution as their 'main' OS for working over Windows or Mac. (I'm
>not talking about hosting, but what platform you use everyday).
>What software do you use in your development (html editor, graphics,
>What are the pros and cons of using Linux as my 'host' OS?

Raditha Dissanayake.
http://www.radinks.com/sftp/          |  http://www.raditha/megaupload/
Lean and mean Secure FTP applet with  |  Mega Upload - PHP file uploader
Graphical User Inteface. Just 150 KB  |  with progress bar.