[thelist] why doth i hate css? let me count the ways.

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Thu Oct 9 18:36:17 CDT 2003

Not just a rant, but a cry for help.

1. Why is there 'font-family' and 'font-weight' but no 'font-color'?

2. With the following html:

<input class="submit" type="submit" value="Submit"/>

Why doesn't the following css do what it SHOULD do? How should it work
you ask? Well it should push the button over to the far right of it's
container. What happens instead? Nothing. And what happens if I use
text-align: right;? THE WORD SUBMIT IS ALIGNED RIGHT!! aarggh!

input.submit {
	align: right;
	}
??

3. Why is it that when I specify 'width: 200px; padding: 5px;' on a
I know why. I just think it's a really stupid way to make things work.)

4. Why can't I easily and with one command center anything vertically?
(The following code should work like I would expect it to. Not because
I'm demanding or anything but because IT JUST MAKES SENSE!)

div#box {
	height: 100%;
	border: 1px solid red;
	}

div#vertical {
	vertical-align: middle;
	}

5. And along the lines of #4, why can't I make a box stretch 100%
vertically?

Anyone care to educate me?

Chris.

--
Don't like reformatting your Outlook replies? Now there's relief!
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/