[thelist] why doth i hate css? let me count the ways.

Simon Wheatley (lists) lists at simonwheatley.co.uk
Fri Oct 10 00:21:08 CDT 2003

At 02:10 10/10/2003, Joshua Olson wrote:

 > Why not just use absolute positioning and overflow?

Sure, but that means I can't apply a background image, background color, or
border to the div, right?  I definitely feel Chris's pain.

I have yet to find solid example of someone making a div the same height as
it's container.  Someone, please, present an example that works on IE 5/6,
NS 6/7, Moz so I can rest easier.

I'm a little confused. Can you define a bit more precisely what seems to be
the problem? (I'm not saying the problem doesn't exist,I just don't quite
get what you're asking.)

Simon