[thelist] why doth i hate css? let me count the ways.

M.G.Noriega manuel at simplelogica.net
Fri Oct 10 13:07:53 CDT 2003

Chris W. Parker wrote:

>Jeff Howden <mailto:jeff at jeffhowden.com>
>    on Thursday, October 09, 2003 5:25 PM said:
>

>>good, cause i think you hate css cause you don't understand how it
>>works, not because it doesn't work.
>>

>If by "understand" you mean I don't spend day and night screwing around
>with it to learn all of it's lame idiosyncrasies then yes, you'd be
>right. css shouldn't be as complicated as it is. It doesn't even NEED to
>be this complicated.

The 'lame idiosyncrasies' being:

a) you not liking 'color'  as a keyword
b) you trying to use the 'align' keyword, that doesn't exist
c) you saying that you don't like 'float' as a keyword (it's indeed
quite more logical than 'trainwreck' even for my rather poor english
vocabulary)
d) you having some legitimate but arguable points of view about the box
model

 I'm sure valid points can be made against the CSS specs, let's hope
they are not so weak and futile as these.

--
Manuel González Noriega
Simplelógica, construcción web @ http://simplelogica.net