[thelist] cloaked spam subject lines

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at frogger.kicks-ass.net
Sat Oct 11 05:25:21 CDT 2003

On Saturday 2003 October 11 02:13, John C Bullas wrote:
> Subject: -Hai'r-L'oss-and--Re-grow--Natu'ral--Hai'r--
>
> Greeted me today in my inbox.......
>
> either this was sent by someone who worked for the Oxford English
> Dictionary on the phonetics side or do they really think I am more
> likely to read it now it got through
> my filters?

I report all my spam to the originating ISP via
<http://www.spamcop.net> (make sure you go to .net and not .com). Each
spam message you submit for reporting gives you a URL to visit to
complete the report. The only reason it's not one step is that
sometimes junk like news articles or links to the Senate non-law that
would have legally blessed spam get thrown in and those shouldn't be
reported to the host.

BTW, be glad your spam was only about some hair loss prevention product.
A large percentage of mine are about enlarging a certain part of my
body; as for which part, that is left as an exercise to the reader.
(Hint: I'm male.)

--
Shawn K. Quinn