[thelist] why doth i hate css? let me count the ways.

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Sat Oct 11 15:44:43 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn K. Quinn" <skquinn at frogger.kicks-ass.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2003 4:12 PM

> As far as CSS "lacking the tools for creating a good grid", I would say
> you either don't know CSS very well or you haven't tried. I've seen
> many multicolumn layouts done with only CSS and no tables.

Shawn,

I'd love to see some of the better examples that you've seen.  There is a
fundamental effect that I've been craving that I have yet to see done--two
columns, next to each other, that really and truly do stretch to match each
others' height.  Perhaps you've already stumbled across such an example.
Please share.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.