[thelist] why doth i hate css? let me count the ways.

rudy rudy937 at rogers.com
Sat Oct 11 16:09:22 CDT 2003

> There is a fundamental effect that I've been craving that I have
> yet to see done--two columns, next to each other, that really
> and truly do stretch to match each others' height.  Perhaps you've
> already stumbled across such an example. Please share.

careful, you're verging on trolling

but then, so was he

;o)

really, this whole business of "two columns matching each other's height" is
fundamentally flawed in concept

you're trying to achieve a visual effect using css on structures that
obviously don't extend any further than they, um, extend

in other words, unless *you* match the height of the column contents
yourself, how is it that you expect css to?

attempting to style something that isn't there is the problem

i.e. you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig

or, sticking with the pig analogies, if you wrestle with a pig, both you and
the pig get dirty, and the pig loves it

rudy