[thelist] CVS Desperation

Christopher Joseph christopher at ideadesigners.com
Mon Oct 13 03:16:07 CDT 2003

Peter Smulders wrote:
> The pattern I see between working and not working is where you go
> through pserver. (the pserver protocol, more accurately).
>
> This usually points to problems with inetd. (or xinetd, whichever you
> happen to be using).

Agreed - had similar problems myself after initial setup.

You need to check your Xinetd or Inetd settings for pserver (see manual)
but off the top of my head somewhere like /etc/xinetd.d/services or
/etc/xinetd.d/servers *might* be a good place to start.

Also - if you have a firewall on the server machine is the pserver port
open?

--
Christopher Joseph

-------------------