[thelist] Short-Term email listservs

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Mon Oct 13 16:23:44 CDT 2003

At 21:30 13/10/2003, Alex Ezell wrote:
>Hi all,
>One of the partners in my firm is chairing a conference in December.
>He wants to have an email list (similar to this one) setup that runs
>until about a month after the conference. It will only be open to the
>people attending which should be less than 250 people. He would also
>like to archive the messages.

if you can cope with the adverts........

Yahoogroups!

no admin to do really

Have set one up for IMM2004 http://www.imm2004.org

you set it for announcements only

HTML customizable front page can include a counter

make sure disable the members use of the files and photos and polls and
calendar functions

archives are done automatically AND you can export them as HTML
via a few smart tricks

FB