[thelist] Dreamweaver Show/Hide Layers flicker problem

Francois Jordaan Francois.Jordaan at wheel.co.uk
Tue Oct 14 03:31:28 CDT 2003

Hi all,

The other day I had to show/hide layers (CSS DIVs) for a rollover effect.
Because my javascript knowledge is basic, I used Dreamweaver for the job. It
works fine, except there's an ugly flicker effect when the cursor overlaps
the floating layer. (The trigger link and the floating layer partially
overlap.) I searched the Macromedia DW Forums, but found no solution.

This test page shows the problem, which occurs in both IE and Gecko:
http://fjordaan.redgecko.org/tests/flickertest.html
Mouse over the top area of the image to see the flicker.

Is there an easy fix for this? Alternatively, could someone point me to a
better script I could use? (Preferably one without usage restrictions.)

Thanks,
francois