[thelist] Slide show with html text

Peter Smulders schmolle at pobox.com
Wed Oct 15 09:47:51 CDT 2003

Hi Jono,

I have seen your example now and the only difference between what you
have there[1] and my demo[2] is that I cycle through pages, where you
stay on one page. (with all the consequences to follow from that).

Maybe (shudder) something with frames might help, or otherwise a
webserver trick to not make the file names appear in the address bar.

I merely set out to demonstrate the use of the technique I suggested.

In the same directory is the script I quickly hacked together to produce
these eight pages. After this, I had to edit the two last files in the
sequence, to make them point to the first in the loop. Making that
happen programatically is not too difficult, but bash shell code is not
really easy wrt mathmatics (otherwise a mod function would do it) and I
wanted to get this out fast.

(apologies for the images; they were the ones I had closest at hand :)

The little table at the bottom demonstrates a few possibilities that
might go into associated navgiation (maybe posing as 'slide controls')

Hope that helps,

Schmolle

[1] http://www.snyderhomesusa.com/
[2] http://www.xs4all.nl/~smulleke/rotatesample/