[thelist] PHP MYSQL INSERT PROBLEM

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Oct 15 10:01:31 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joshua Hmielowski" <jhmielowski at comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 10:29 AM

> connected ok You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1

> as you can see the SQL is no where near line one and I have had this
> exact sql insert statement running and
> printing to the screen exactly what it was supposed to.

Josh

The PHP parser doesn't check SQL syntax, therefore it must be the database
itself that it throwing the error.  Given than, line 1 refers to line of the
SQL, not the page's source code.

To isolate the syntax error, what we need to see is the result of "echo
$query"

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.