[thelist] Top 10 JavaScripts

Stuart Young syoung at unitec.ac.nz
Wed Oct 15 16:54:04 CDT 2003

I'm assembling a cut n paste archive for my students of the top 10 most useful JavaScripts, and I wondered what the listees considered to be the top 10 JavaScripts, the ones that no web developer can live without, the ones that you keep using on project after project.

And how do you identify the best version of each of these?

Obviously they should be usable, accessible, highly browser compatible and y2k compliant. e.g. no browser detection, object detection.

I won't tell you my choices since I don't want to prejudice your choices.

Also which list members have their own cut'n'paste JavaScript archive (apart from these ones I have already seen on thelist)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/
http://evolt.jeffhowden.com/jeff/code/
http://www.brothercake.com/scripts/

cheers

Dr Stuart Young,       +64 (0)9-815 4321 Ex 8656
<syoung at unitec.ac.nz>
Lecturer, School of Computing and Information Technology,
UNITEC Institute of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand
http://hyperdisc.unitec.ac.nz/staff/syoung.htm
I would provide a URL for my official staffpage, but its too long and complex