[thelist] Extracting plain text without line breaks from an Adobe PDF file

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 04:14:47 CDT 2003

Ok, I am writing a technical paper and sadly only can find up to V2 in word
but have v4.4 as a PDF
the figure are the same but the text is way different, using the "export
document to text" route strips out the
images and generates some "swarf" from my line numbers BUTthe problem is
the line returns from the original PDF
are retained

How can I generate a text doc with blocks of text without carriage returns
but keep the paragraph breaks, i only have the free viewer...

Regards anticipating PDF shaped  nirvana

John

Author of ""Low early-life dry skid resistance of new generation surfaces:
the current understanding".... in bits ;0