[thelist] site check - browser

Rodrigo Fonseca lists at vega.eti.br
Thu Oct 16 08:59:44 CDT 2003

Andrew wrote:
> I have just changed part of a navigation system and wonder if you could kindly
> give the site a browser check :)  I think most of the county issues whave been
> addressed from a previous check but do let me know if there is a blatant cock
> up.
> http://www.businessa2z.co.uk/index.php

I don't know what was your intention but this is what it looks under
Linux, running Red Hat 9, Mozilla 1.4:

http://www.vega.eti.br/l/businessa2z.png

When you scroll the page, the image remains fixed while the form
stays in place, leaving the visible area, but only a part of it
is shown and then disappears when the visible form area goes up.

The fonts are too small (although I can resize them using Ctrl+).

Also it took some time to load over a DSL connection (16 seconds),
but that's because you have almost 70 kb of images, 3 style sheets
and 1 external link to an image and this is too much for a page with
so little content (little in terms of "amount" of content, don't get
me wrong).

You may want to do some work to make your images small because the
first impression is what counts. Don't let users wait too long on
the first page, after you grab their attention you can load more
content and they'll wait, but in the index page is not recommended.

Also double check you css files, they seem to render differently
from your intentions on a strict browser like Mozilla (or any other
browser based in the Gecko engine).

HTH,

	Rodrigo Fonseca.