[thelist] Re: site check - browser [businessa2z.co.uk]

Andrew andrew at humanbehaviour.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 12:03:04 CDT 2003

i must admit it seems to have become slower since I made chnages and I am not
100% sure why.  It may be the DB but there is a definate lag and I'm on a adsl
512 conection :(

>Bit messy in Netscape 7.1 (Linux) -- the interesting background
>behind the navigation dropdown on the left shows in full only
>when actually in the process of going somewhere; then the part
>below the dropdowns disappears until I navigate again.

I have removed the background image from the navigation column not sure if it
has made a difference?

>Page doesn't know how tall it wants to be.  Shrank the height
>of my browser to fit the first page and dispose of the acre
>of white space at the bottom, and by the time I was at a business
>it wanted some of it back again.

what would be the best way to determine the height to avoid the jumping about?

>The two identical ads on the right side for the Leicester Mercury
>don't stack up perfectly; the one on the bottom is shifted a couple
>of pixels to the left, just enough to be disconcerting.  (Assuming
>there are supposed to be two of them. :-)

I've removed one of the images so there is only one now :)

Has this made any differences?

Andrew