[thelist] Friday hlp! A reasonable scaled progression for H1 h2 h3 h4

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 03:25:34 CDT 2003

At 08:39 AM 17-10-03, Tony Crockford wrote:
>On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:45:04 +0100, John C Bullas <jcbullas at nildram.co.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>Colleagues
>>
>>To best cater for "most" users, what declination of font sizes (in
>>points) would be most acceptable for h1, h2,h3 tags on a page.. sorry if
>>this seems like a no brainer... me researcher not webmaster :)
>>
>>18,12,10,8 ???????
>>
>>FB
>
>Why declare them at all?

A VERY GOOD POINT.. why didn't I think of that!!!!!

But if you have use fontsizes in points elsewhere in your CSS sheet is it
possible to adjust these to say H1 minus 3 or H3 plus 5
if so how do you do it .. what is the CSS syntax

FB

>not giving a font size allows the browser default (which might be
>different for every user.)

Thanks for that

>useful resource on font-size:
>
>http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=FontSize
>
>(including links to why you shouldn't!)

Transportation Group
School of Civil Engineering and the Environment
University of Southampton
Highfield SOUTHAMPTON SO17 1BJ
    Tel +44 (0)2380 59 2192   Fax +44 (0) 2380 59 3152

**** Eudora Mail 6.0.0.22  + McAfee Virus Scan 4.5.1 ****