[thelist] sites to find project opportunities

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 07:50:36 CDT 2003

--- bruce <bedouglas at earthlink.net> wrote:

> trying to figure out where to turn to find project opportunities.
> can you guys share with the list sites/mailing lists/etc... that
> you've found to be
> good leads/information for getting new software projects...
> or.. if you don't really have a good site.. maybe it's time we put
> one together...!!!!!

Bruce,

When I was consulting I must have visited nearly every "project" site
out there. They are virtually all the same - bid about $1 per hour
(or less) for projects if you want to get them. You are going to
compete against a lot of small offshore development companies who
charge $5/hour for their services - or less. I even paid
subscriptions for some of the "nicer" sites thinking that would make
a difference and it doesn't.

This thread pops up now and again, and this is basically the
consensus. The best ways to get work as a freelancer/consultant is to
network, keep your own site up to date, and use your local resources
such as headhunters, newspapers and the like. I consulted for 2 years
straight, and that's the only way I ever got any work - not one job
from any of those sites.

HTH

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward