[thelist] [OT - Kinda] Internet Access

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Fri Oct 17 09:53:32 CDT 2003

<snip>...This capacitance is manageable out to about 18000 feet.  Circuits
beyond 18KF require the installation of load coils to add inductance to
counter the excessive capacitance.  The first of these coils is placed 3KF
out and each subsequent one at 6KF intervals...</snip>

Norman, your information did help me understand the problem.

After another day of bickering with SBC, I've come to realize they are eager
to deny service. I'm tired of hearing that. All I want them to do is to go
two houses down, attach some kind of connecter to the good network, and get
it to my house. But no. They say they'll have to deny service. Dang this is
frustrating. I'm going to go gripe to the actual telephone company to drop
another line and see what happens. I've got clients waiting...and I'm losing
business fast.

Rob