[thelist] Validating muliple @imports in stylesheet

Laura Carlson lcarlson at d.umn.edu
Sat Oct 18 16:32:53 CDT 2003

Hi,

I posted this on the css-discuss list and haven't received a reply so I
thought I'd try here.

The CSS validator is giving me this error message:

Line: 54
Uncaught errorjava.lang.Exception: Import loop detected in
http://www.d.umn.edu/itss/classroom/

The full report is here:
<http://tinyurl.com/raxm>

I can't make sense of it. In Eric's "Cascading Style sheets the
Definitive Guide" page 15 he states, "...there can be more than one
@import statement in a document." And the CSS below was valid
previously. Has the validator changed? Any idea why the validator
doesn't like my multiple import directives now and how I can make my
CSS validate again?

This is the CSS:

<!--
@import "http://www.d.umn.edu/itss/classroom/css/wireframe.css";
@import "http://www.d.umn.edu/itss/classroom/css/classroomforms.css";
@import "http://www.d.umn.edu/itss/classroom/css/classroomthreecol.css";

#content .item{
font-size : 90%;

}
#content h2 a {
margin : 0.33em 0 0.33em;
font-size : 75%;

}
#content h2 + p {
margin-top : 0.33em;

}
#content h3 + * {
margin-top : 0.1em !important;

}
#content h2 {
margin : 0 0 0em 0.33em;
padding : 0.2em 0 0;
border-bottom : 1px solid ;

}

-->

Any thoughts on the subject is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Laura