[thelist] Design vs. development

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 18 17:13:10 CDT 2003

--- Tony Crockford <tonyc at boldfish.co.uk> wrote:
> <rant>
> Something  I think this industry needs is some clearer definition
> of the roles, responsibilities and job titles, is there a
> standard?

Ha! Tony I think you know there is no standard! :D The problem I
think is this: each position is tailored to the company and the
people you will work with, so you get lots of variation.

> Isn't it about time our industry agreed on what Information
> Architects, designers and developers do?

I think IAs are well defined. If you say "visual designer" and not
just "designer" that helps. Developers are all over the place...

> I love the new one - interaction engineer was it?
> </rant>

No no no! The FULL title is: Interaction *Designer* / Human Factors
Engineer! woooooo! I need ONE more tacked on there for the "title
triumvirate"!

But seriously, because of my responsibilities - the title actually
makes a fair amount of sense :)

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward