[thelist] No Color on Visited Links

Randy Pearson randyp at cycla.com
Sun Oct 19 14:14:18 CDT 2003

We're trying to achieve an appearance wherein once a linkhas been visited,
there is no longer any special coloring. IOW, it then appears to be just
regular text. We cannot just specify:

  a:visited{color: black;}

because the surrounding text could be in other colors than just black. (This
is a syntax-coloring situation to show source code in tutorials.) It seemed
the logical choice was:

  a:visited{color: inherit;}

This indeed worked as we wanted in Firebird/Mozilla, but not in MSIE. Is
this an MSIE bug, or is there a more proper way to accomplish what we want?
If a bug, are there any hacks/workarounds for MSIE?

Thanks,

-- Randy