[thelist] No Color on Visited Links

|| cira || cira at bork.hampshire.edu
Sun Oct 19 15:38:14 CDT 2003

Randy,

If I understand your problem correctly, you wish to have the visited links
change styles dynamically based on the surounding text.

I tested the inherit property and I can't get it to work on MSIE either. I
did a quick check for known bugs and so far I can't seem to find it
listed. I also found a couple postings posing the same problem but they
all went answered.

One way to get this to work would be to switch styles in the onClick
event. This does mean you would have to hardcode the style for each
link and that's not cool.

You could change the entire style itself, not just the color of course.

this.className = 'red';

I'm struggling to come up with a solution that is dynamic, so far no luck
but if something else comes to mind I'll let you know!

Has anyone else found this as a listed bug?

I also tried some DOCTYPE switching, forcing the browser into standards
compliant and non-compliant mode, but that didn't change anything either.

Good luck.

-Samantha