[thelist] JS/CSS: help with flyout menu

Bill Creswell BillC at VanEerden.com
Mon Oct 20 06:13:09 CDT 2003

The only thing I see missing is downlevel browser support.
Maybe make the links on the main topics active if no js support,or have an "open" style that "closes" on window load so that if there is no javascript or CSS support the menus are still usable.

Bill Creswell
Helpdesk/Webmaster
Van Eerden Distribution
http://www.vaneerden.com
(616) 452-1426 Ext. 293

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Dell'Aringa [mailto:pixelmech at yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2003 9:55 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] JS/CSS: help with flyout menu

Hi all,

I'm working on a simple(r) to understand version of a fly out/cascade
menu that only goes one level deep. This is for an article I am
writing for coders who are not experts.

Most of what is out there uses complicated DHTML APIs or fairly
complicated object oriented approaches (which is fine, but too above
their heads.)

So I'm trying to give something simpler that works and gives them a
start in that direction.

What I have come up with seems to work well enough in IE6/NS7/Moz1
from some basic tests. I hope that some of you would look at this and
give some suggestions on how you think it could be improved. Also,
would be great if you could point out any bugs I am not finding.
Tests on Gecko Mac would be great too.

Find my example at:

http://www.pixelmech.com/review/flyout.html

Thanks!

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward