[thelist] Paypal and usability

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 13:47:24 CDT 2003

At 19:16 20/10/2003, Kathy Long wrote:
>About a year ago we had a discussion about Paypal and usability problems
>surrounding it's requirement to log in before purchase. Supposedly, there
>are now some 30,000,000 Paypal users, and some other evidence that states
>many buyers prefer to pay through Paypal. So what's the consensus now? I
>have a client who wants to sell 1 product online. She does not want to pay
>for a gateway just yet, but is willing to get a merchant account as I've
>encouraged her to do. Am I wrong,

Compared to the cost and inertia of getting a credit card facility in her
own right Paypal is GREAT

you can do a lot with paypal functionality.. just live with the commission
you have to pay

FB

we chose it for our mini IMM2004 gathering ..... check out the form
scripting :)

http://www.imm2004.org/IMM2004shop.html (page font sizes soon to be reduced
BTW)

I also use it personally for selling some car stickers ( a nice little
earner too!!!!)