[thelist] CSS & .swf

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 15:29:32 CDT 2003

At 20:13 20/10/2003, Iain Godsman wrote:
>Is there a way to use a .swf file instead of an image in css?
>
>I'm trying to replace
>background-image: url(foo.gif);
>
>with
>background-image: url(foo.swf);
>
>I've checked my books and all the Web sites I'm aware of that might be of
>use, but can't find an answer as to why this isn't working for me.

Have you found a site that uses one as a background? I didn't know you
could put content ON TOP of a flash file other than another flash file

http://www.cbtcafe.com/flash/loadmovie/loadmovie.html

maybe probably as SWF are flash files and they are dynamic?

See if you can you get an ANIMATED gif to work as a background first ;) I
would like that...

FB
Might be wrong here folks!