[thelist] To the lions of the web a humble request....(site test)

Natalya Hucek natalyafrance at email.si
Mon Oct 20 16:53:32 CDT 2003

Dearests!

I am so very new to the web page creation that I am sure I am making a
fool of myself right now with total ignorance of basic facts.  I beg
you not to judge too strongly -- and have a pity for the beginner... I
promise I will never get as good as you guys are -- I am just helping
my husband and having fun :)  I started to learn html and CSS about a
month ago and here is my first attempt.  The idea is of the client (the
above mentioned husband), I am just trying to implement his
requirements.  It looks pretty much as he wants it on my MAC OSX  EI.
Could you please be so king and test it on other platforms?

http://www.ludwiginteriordesign.com/

I will appreciate any remarks, critique, tips - with gratitude!
Question 1:  when link is clicked it gets an ugly border - tiny bluish
hairline box around it -- I am sure there is a way to kill it -- how?
Question 2: when I try to validate the page, the report is very ugly --
starts with smth like that "META tags are unexpected here", then it
offers me to make all kinds of changes I do not want (insert ALT for
every pict, or not to use <p> element in my menu icon floating boxes)
-- what is my mistake(s)? Thank you very much in advance, sorry for
taking your time,

Natalya

PS Is it very bad? Should I quit web design and go back to my household
tasks?
PPS my style sheet if you'd like to see it

body
	{margin: 0px 0px; padding:0px;
	background: white;  font-size: 0.7em; color: #CCCCCC;
	font-family: serif,Times, Palatino,"Times New Roman"}

.Quotation

	{margin-top: 60px; width:600px;
	margin-left:200px; right: auto;
	text-align:justify; font-size: 2.8em;
	}

.Quotation span {display: block; text-align:right}

.Quotation:first-letter
	{
	font-size:325%;
	float:left; padding: 5px;
	}

.Quotation img {
	position:absolute;
	left:250px;
	top:145px; border: 0;padding: 0;
	z-index: 1
	}

.Quotation a:link, a:visited, a:active
	{
	text-decoration: none; color: #CCCCCC; border: 0;
	}

.Quotation a:hover
	{
   	 text-decoration: none; color: #666666;
	background: url(pictures/logo-work-light.gif) no-repeat fixed 255px
145px;
	}

.Quotation a:hover img {visibility:hidden}

.Footer  {color: #003300; margin-top: 40px; width:700px;
	margin-left:-30px; margin-right: auto; padding: 7px;
	border:none;
	background:white; }

div.float {
   	float: left;
  	width: 80px;
   	padding: 15px;
   	}

div.float p {
   	 text-align: center;
   	}

.Footer a:link, a:active {text-decoration: none; color: #003300;
border: 0}
.Footer a:hover {text-decoration: underline; color:#666666; border: 0}
.Footer a:visited {text-decoration: none; color:#399933; border: 0}