[thelist] Choosing a CMS?

Stuart Young syoung at unitec.ac.nz
Mon Oct 20 18:31:58 CDT 2003

jjk3 at msstate.edu 19/10/2003 05:46:50 >>>
I'm the webmaster of a not-quite-ready-for-prime-time website
<http://ballsome.com>, and I'm wondering about some CMS issues.

http://www.informationweek.com/839/online_cmside.htm
A short article from Information Week magazine called "Vendor Selection: Beyond The Hype" which contains 7 criteria for choosing a CMS with a list of enterprise-level CMS solutions which has price and links to product homepages.

http://www.hartman-communicatie.nl/Content/tools.htm
This massive list presents a overview of content management systems produced by an independent Dutch consultancy agency called Hartman Communicatie BV who strive to be vendor-neutral and have no commercial intentions. Suppliers are responsible for the update of their product specifications. Also has links to product homepages.

Dr Stuart Young,       +64 (0)9-815 4321 Ex 8656
<syoung at unitec.ac.nz>
Lecturer, School of Computing and Information Technology,
UNITEC Institute of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand
http://hyperdisc.unitec.ac.nz/staff/syoung.htm
I would provide a URL for my official staffpage, but its too long and complex