[thelist] CSS - side by side display with alignment but without tables?

Megalion webdev at megalion.org
Tue Oct 21 05:36:10 CDT 2003

Correction: BACKGROUND="<graphic file>" code should have been in the table
code example

Correction: in NS 7 I'm getting absolutely nothing for the row, in fact I'm
left with a blank white row (bgcolor of page is white)

Update:
I've just discovered that adding the following to .bloghead makes the bar
appear in NS 7 as I want albeit with a 1 px black border
border: 1px solid #000;

Why is this? Why should having the border make any difference at all?

I've also noticed in my tinkering in NS 7 that the background image  will
sometimes disappear after the page has been loaded, if I click near it or
something. What's up with that?

Thanks,
Megalion