[thelist] sync local Win2000 to remote host with no shell

Peter Smulders schmolle at pobox.com
Tue Oct 21 07:02:47 CDT 2003

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 18:32:23 -0500, Mark Gillingham
<markgill at uwalumni.com> wrote:

> What should I use to synchronize a series of directories  and their
> files  between a local development site and a remote public site. The
>  local site is on Windows or Linux and the remote site is UNIX, but
> my account does not have a shell. I am able to use FTP but not rsync.
> So a sync based on FTP might be ideal.

sitecopy[1] might work for you. It tries very hard to be good about not
pumping over anything that hasn't change.

I have never used the Windows port, but if that gives you problems you
might be able to rsync from Windows to Linux as a first step; then from
Linux to the remote site.

hth,

Schmolle

--
               SchmolleWorld
Eclectic chaos and instructive digression