[thelist] JSP question

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Tue Oct 21 11:34:18 CDT 2003

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

> For some reason that didn't work, and I am getting a 500/null pointer
> exception.
>
> Here is my exact code:

I pasted that code exactly into two files on my system and it works
fine, so I don't know what to tell you :-/

(my environment: Tomat 4.1.27, JDK 1.4.2)

> Have I missed something? Also how do you get weblogic to show the
> whole error on the page instead of just 500 -- internal server error?

Sorry, don't know anything about Weblogic. There must be a log file
though, I'd think :-)

Other than that, put try/catch blocks around all your statements to
make sure you know exactly where the error is occuring. Including a
set of debugging statements (with System.out.println or log4j) will
help, too.

If there's no stack trace being posted to any log file, I'd look for
the config documentation to see how to turn it on...

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.