[thelist] (OT) something keeps changing my homepage in IE 6

Adrian Simmons adrinux at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 22 09:54:53 CDT 2003

Bird wrote:
> Is there something on my machine?
Sounds like one of those handy bits of software that windows IE allows
web sites to install without your knowledge, spyware, addware and the like.

Being a mac user I don't know much about how you can put that right. But
you could start with making sure you have all the latest microsoft
updates installed, and probably completely re-installing IE, including
cleaning out all your 'profile' information. This sounds like an IE
add-on thats been installed somewhere.

If you find out what and how please let me know off list, so I can
advise my windows using friends, family and customers.

Adrian