[thelist] brower based MIDAS wysiwyg editor for CMS

Dan Williams dan at ithium.net
Wed Oct 22 11:35:52 CDT 2003

Sounds like you need Aureus...

A friend of mine, Peter Bailey (known on some forums as beetle) has recently
upgraded his RTE, and I had the honour of being able to name it Aureus
(meaning golden, linking in with the whole Midas thing).

It's based around Midas, and is standards-compliant, using CSS rather than
lots of HTML tag soup like HTMLArea does.

The only downside is that it's not quite finished, but it does work very
well.

Take a look at it: http://www.peterbailey.net/test/rte/new/

That's not an officially published URL, as he has not released the code yet,
but if you contact him I'm sure he'll be only too happy for you to use it,
and most likely he'll want some ideas, too :)

Cheers

Dan