[thelist] Coldfusion: Problem Indexing .cfm pages

Jason Sweeney jason at designshift.com
Wed Oct 22 12:37:54 CDT 2003

O lights in the darkness, I beseech your benevolent assistance...

I've been hacking my way through setting up a Coldfusion search feature
(using Verity) on the university faculty website I run and I've managed
to create the collection and index the collection. So far so good.

My problem arises from the fact that I have a number of pages where data
is pulled from a database and processed onto the page (departmental
information, scholarship information, etc.). It seems that when I index
the .cfm pages in the site, they are indexed *without* the data being
pulled through. This leaves me with an index that doesn't include all
the programme information, scholarship information, etc. (Not
particularily useful, eh?)

(Also, on the pages which include <cfquery> statements, when I run a
search that brings those pages up the title is blank and the summary
includes the cf code! Even less useful, but obviously part of the same
root problem).

Is there a way that the index can be run that results in the CF code to
be processed *first*? (Probably worded badly, but I hope you get my drift.)

thanks,

jason sweeney