[thelist] report writer - php-based on mySQL db?

moni_orife moni at emospace.com
Wed Oct 22 17:49:32 CDT 2003

Thanks Ron,

the question of a php-based report writer was posed to me, and isn't something that I popped off the top of my head.  In my opinion,
it doesn't much matter what a given application is written in just as long as it runs on popular & readily available software
platforms.

I searched the web fairly extensively and I wasn't able to find much in the way of a PHP-based system.

I recieved a request from a superior - he asked the question... we need solution X (see: php-based report writer on mysql db), what
do you know about solution X.

What I was able to boil down from his request is that he needs a tool that'll help marketing areas for improvement... user activity
& such.  I also get the feeling that he wants this done economically as possible.

So it appears that he doesn't necessarily need a report writer but rather a nice log analyzer such as webtrends.  I'm fairly
familiar with webtrends, but what are the other top log analyzers out there?

Tracking individual users may be more challenging with a log analyzer, so this is where a report writer may be handy.

what are your thoughts?
thanks.

 - moni