[thelist] Coldfusion: Problem Indexing .cfm pages

Mark M mark at safefrombees.com
Wed Oct 22 18:52:48 CDT 2003

> Is there a way that the index can be run that results in the CF code to
> be processed *first*? (Probably worded badly, but I hope you get my drift.)

The answer to that is, well, no.

However you can get verity to index database collections - (stolen from help docs)
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/6.1/htmldocs/tags-p64.htm

<cfquery       name="book"
      datasource="book">
      select * from book
</cfquery>
<cfindex
      collection="custom_book"
      action="update"
      type="custom"
      body="description"
      key="bookid"
      query="book">

If you have both static pages and dynamic pages - you can create multiple verity indexes, and
search them all at the same time.
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/6.1/htmldocs/tags-ptb.htm
<cfsearch
      name="name"
      collection="snippets,syntax,snippets"
      criteria="example" >

Using these tools, there is no reason why you can't index all the content in your site.

Hope that helps!

Mark

mark at safefrombees.com
ICQ: 3094740