[thelist] Textarea, hard returns, ASP, and CDOSYS

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed Oct 22 23:00:02 CDT 2003

> Does anybody here know the best way to get hard returns
> entered into a text field to translate into vbCrLf's in an ASP script?

Do you mean a textarea? In my experience, the come *out* as VbCrLf - I
normally do a VbCrLf -> <br /> replace when dumping to a db or
something. Odd that it shouldn't be carrying across to the e-mail. I use
VbCrLf to create line breaks in automated e-mails, so again, it oughta
be working.

Maybe an input VbCrLf isn't the same as an output VbCrLf, kinda like
oats going thru a horse?

spinhead