[thelist] Client Education

Boerner, Brian J brian.j.boerner at lmco.com
Thu Oct 23 10:45:30 CDT 2003

good point - also collaborate - spend up-front time
discussing/documenting what your client wants out of the site, to the
point of drawing up a sitemap with them. Encourage their ideas and
expand on them. Dig for info/ideas you need to make it even better.

produce a nice info packet on your findings and give it to your customer
to make certain your in synch.

then get to the protyping stage. Hopefully it's common sense to them
that you'll need a concrete picture of what they need, budget, their
audience and competition, etc. before you can produce any visuals of it

We use Carnegie Mellon SEI process but i figured you wanted a little
more personal take on soft skills required. http://www.sei.cmu.edu/