[thelist] submit form via javascript. fine in IE, broke in Netscape

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 08:15:15 CDT 2003

--- Scott Blanchard <octigonuser at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have created a custom save function that works as expected in IE.
> However, it breaks in Netscape 7.1 PC

> function x8doSave(){
>   send_to_html(); // this preps the code reeeeeaaal nice
>   document.getElementById('myform').submit(); // works in IE only
> }

> <form id="myform" name="wysiwygproForm" method="post"
> action="save.asp" target="x8iframe" onSubmit="submit_form()">

1 - What are you doing here: onSubmit="submit_form()"?
2 - This works for me in a simplified manner in NS7.1 PC. I Didn't
use the Iframe of course, I removed the onSubmit, and I commented out
the send_to_html(); function call as well. What does that do too?
Either one of those could be interfering.
3 - How are you calling this function? Is the only reason you are
using this so you can run your send_to_html() function?

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: JavaScript Author / Every Friday!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ :: Eternal Life

"The fun you can have with a bunch of old rocks and a can of yellow paint." (Bonzana Bunny, 1959)