[thelist] Pro Associations and Insurance

Ed e at marinx.com
Fri Oct 24 10:42:11 CDT 2003

Regarding your question about associations that can help lower health
insurance costs:

 - I recall an article in Time or USNews warning about scams where you join
and when time comes to use the benefits, there's nobody there. So look for
longevity and reputation of organization

- A self-employed friend of mine highly recommended http://www.nase.org/
  Bottom right "Endorsed Health Coverage" by MEGA Life/Health insurance
  I'm not using it myself (use Kaiser) but I've heard him confirm good
things about it.

- Check out Alumni organizations from your university. They sometimes offer
deals to alumni.
  http://www.alumniinsuranceprogram.com/alumnimed/

Let us know how it goes, because this is a critical issue for many of us!