[thelist] Worm sneaks in whilst WinXP registers?

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Oct 24 13:33:07 CDT 2003

At 09:09 AM 10/24/2003, Jeff Wilhelm wrote:
>That's absolutely what happens. It's happened to me on 2 Win2000Pro
>installs and one WinXP install
>-- and VERY rapidly as I'm on a highly infected campus. The only way to be
>certain it's clean is put
>the service packs and patches on CD and don't plug into the network until
>Windows and the Service
>Packs are all installed.

And another reason to get a hardware NAT/Firewall (e.g. Linksys or
Netgear). You can get to Windows Update semi-protected and get the patches.

Why run exposed when you don't have to??

---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys