[thelist] Accessibility Questions

steve jenkins stevejenkins444 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 26 10:17:00 CST 2003

Hi,
Wonder if anyone can help me. I've been working on a no. of websites that
try to get W3C WAI Level A compliance, most frequently using Bobby. But it
strikes me that accessibility is _really_ about making a website usable on
tools for people who need accessibility compliant websites, e.g.
screenreaders. So, best way to check is to actually use those tools. So, my
questions are:

- Anyone know what the most widely used accessibility tools are? Anyone know
of a definitive survey that says x% use JAWS, y% use IBM HomePage reader etc

- Anyone know of any smart websites that deal with Flash, Video and Audio in
a decent way as regards accessibility compliance? Or any decent How-To's on
this?

- The new Flash accessibility bumpf I've read seems to be mainly MS-based -
anyone know for sure?

Any help very gratefully received.
Cheers Steve.