[thelist] Asian Language Support in non-MS browsers

steve jenkins stevejenkins444 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 26 10:20:30 CST 2003

So,

Another question: I'm investigating how to write pages that both display and
allow input (e.g. into web forms) of asian languages, e.g. Gujurati.

In IE5+ (I think) it's pretty straightforward - you specifiy the codepage
and bingo you've got it. But what about non-MS browsers? E.g. NS, Mozilla,
Opera (and now of course Safari)? What are you supposed to do here?

If anyone knows, or knows of any articles/sample code I'd be much obliged.

And, if anyone know of any particular gotchas for NS47x with this, that'd be
very helpful.
Cheers Steve.